Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Water and Yarn Challenge!

I thought this would be an incredibly easy challenge for me - ha!

First off, a friend and I made a challenge. We each have to drink 7 glasses of water per day for TWO months! The winner of this challenge buys the other friend $30.00 worth of yarn.

Since we are both avid knitters and we've both been trying to reduce the 'stash' on hand.. it seemed like a GREAT idea! I' had put myself on the ultimate 'yarn diet', and challenged myself to NOT buy any more yarn for 4 months. The day of June 20 I will be at the local yarn store - pronto!!

What was I thinking? The water challenge is much more difficult than the 'yarn diet'! I'm one of those gals that drink on a good day - maybe 2 glasses of water - maybe!

Now the first week was a tough one, I was grouchy, and having to get up in the middle of the night did not add to my mood!

It's been a few weeks now, and it is becoming a habit to chug down the water throughout the day, so that at 9pm, (my bedtime) I'm not in a panic to get a lot of water in me but quick!

I may not have the *dewy* skin, yet, but I'm sure going to try damned hard to win the coveted prize of some gorgeous, beautiful yarn - of my choice! Hmm.. a beautiful amber perhaps, or a cobalt blue?

Ah , stay tuned !

No comments:

Post a Comment